I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for science with the community. When my schedule permits, I am available for interviews to provide expert comments on advances in experimental particle physics and related fields or opinions on higher education.
I also have a particular interest in issues related to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) such as increasing the number of women in STEM.
Media coverage includes:
- August 6, 2021 - Daily Galaxy blog about the matter-antimatter asymmetry in the universe
- October 16, 2020 - National Post Radio (SiriusXM) about a newspaper article purporting that scientists at the CERN Large Hadron Collider would “soon make contact with a parallel universe”.
- June 14, 2019 - CERN News: ATLAS homes in on magnetic monopoles
- June 12, 2019 - PHYS ORG New result in hunt for mysterious magnetic monopoles
- June 3, 2019 - ATLAS Physics Briefing: ATLAS releases new result in hunt for mysterious magnetic monopoles
- June 9, 2018 - Where was the Higgs boson hiding before it was discovered? On CBC Radio's Quirks and Quarks
- October 2016 - Research on magnetic monopoles highlighted in Physics Today
- September 17, 2016 - CBC Radio's Quirks and Quarks on the recent news from the LHC
- September 14, 2016 - www.SymmetryMagazine.org on the Hunt for the Magnetic Monopole
- November 19, 2014 - CBCNEWS.ca on the CERN discovery of two new b-quark baryons
- July 4, 2012 - CTV News Toronto on the Higgs Boson Discovery
- July 4, 2012 - Maclean's Magazine on the Higgs Boson Discovery
- July 4, 2012 - Toronto Star on the Higgs Boson Discovery
- May 2012 - The Star Spot PodCast - Particle Physics and its Cosmological Implications
- May 29, 2010 - CBC Radio's Quirks and Quarks on the matter-antimatter imbalance observed in B meson decays to muons
- September 10, 2008 - CBC Newsworld television on the turn-on of the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland.
- March 29, 2006 - Ottawa Citizen on the matter-antimatter oscillation of the B0s meson (also appeared in the Vancouver Sun, Edmonton Sun and eight other newspapers nation-wide)